As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, Coastal Carolina Community College provides opportunities for quality post-secondary education, college transfer, workforce training and lifelong learning for the civilian and military population of Onslow County, within the limits of available resources. Coastal values academic excellence, focuses on learning outcomes and student success, provides leadership for community cooperation, and actively contributes to the economic development of Onslow County.
Coastal Carolina Community College provides:
|Associate Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates||Lifelong Learning|
|Workforce Development||Personal and Cultural Enrichment|
|Customized Training||Comprehensive Student Support|
|Developmental Education and Adult Basic Skills||Aggressive Economic Development|
|Accessible Education Including Distance Learning|
Coastal Carolina Community College is committed to making a significant difference in the lives of its students; to inspiring students, faculty, and staff to strive for educational excellence; and to continuing to be an effective partner in the social, cultural, and economic development of Onslow County. Through a constant focus on the educational quality of the learning experiences the College provides, its students will be encouraged, inspired, and empowered to achieve their educational and career goals.
- The College embraces a continuously improving learning environment defined by excellence in teaching and student success.
- The College optimizes the teaching and learning process by providing appropriate technology, equipment, and learning resources.
- The College monitors and promotes institutional effectiveness and maintains accountability through assessment, performance standards, and continuous improvement projects.
- The College seeks to maximize student engagement and ensures that students establish a solid foundation for successful learning.
- The College implements a sustainable and comprehensive student success model.
- The College designs clear pathways to degrees and credentials that are aligned with expectations of employment and/or transfer to a baccalaureate program after degree completion.
Teamwork and Partnerships
- The College enhances partnerships with public schools and universities to create gateways of opportunity and an integrated educational system.
- The College promotes and facilitates teamwork and partnerships with Onslow County Schools, UNC Wilmington, local military bases, city and county governments, local Chambers of Commerce, the Jacksonville•Onslow Economic Development Office, and local industries.
Economic and Workforce Development
- The College serves as a catalyst in economic development through education, entrepreneurship, small business development, and customized training that responds to the demands of business, industry, and the military.
- The College is committed to delivering quality programs that prepare students for an increasingly complex and technological workplace.