The Early Childhood Education curriculum prepares individuals to work with children from infancy through middle childhood in diverse learning environments. Students will combine learned theories with practice in actual settings with young children under the supervision of qualified teachers.
Coursework includes child growth and development; physical/nutritional needs of children; care and guidance of children; and communication skills with families and children. Students will foster the cognitive/language, physical/motor, social/emotional, and creative development of young children.
Graduates are prepared to plan and implement developmentally appropriate programs in early childhood settings. Employment opportunities include child development and child care programs; preschools; public and private schools; recreational centers; Head Start programs; and school age programs.
Coastal Carolina Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science Degree, a Diploma, and two Certificates. The appropriate coursework for each is listed below.
View the Annual Admissions Bulletin for more information about the program.
Awards Available – See Course Requirements below.
- Associate in Applied Science Early Childhood Education Degree (A55220)
- Associate in Applied Science Early Childhood Education Degree Evening Program (A55220)
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (D55220)
- Early Childhood Education Certificate (C55220)
- Early Childhood Administration Certificate (C55220A)