The Emergency Management curriculum is designed to provide students with a foundation of technical and professional knowledge needed for emergency services delivery in local and state government agencies. Study involves both management and technical aspects of law enforcement, fire protection, emergency medical services, and emergency planning.
Coursework includes classroom and laboratory exercises to introduce the student to various aspects of emergency preparedness, protection, and enforcement. Students will learn technical and administrative skills such as investigative principles, hazardous materials, codes, standards, emergency agency operations, and finance.
Employment opportunities include ambulance services, fire/rescue agencies, law enforcement agencies, fire marshal offices, industrial firms, educational institutions, emergency management offices, and other government agencies. Employed persons should have opportunities for skilled and supervisory-level positions.
Coastal Carolina Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science Degree, a Diploma, and six Certificates. The appropriate coursework is listed below.
Visit the Emergency Management Department Website.
View the Annual Admissions Bulletin for more information about the program.
Awards Available – See Course Requirements below.
- Associate in Applied Science Emergency Management Degree (A55460)
- Emergency Management Diploma (D55460)
- Emergency Management Certificate (C55460)
- Administration Certificate (C55460A)
- Infrastructure Certificate (C55460I)
- Mitigation and Preparedness Certificate (C55460M)
- Planning Certificate (C55460P)
- Response and Recovery Certificate (C55460R)