The Fire Protection Technology curriculum is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills in the technical, managerial, and leadership areas necessary for advancement within the fire protection community and related firefighting industries, and to provide currently employed firefighters with knowledge and skills often required for promotional consideration.
Course work includes diverse fire protection subject areas, including fire prevention and safety, public education, building construction, fire ground strategies and tactics, and local government finance and laws, as they apply to emergency services management. Emphasis includes understanding fire characteristics and the structural consequences of fire; risk assessment and management; and relevant research, communications, and leadership methodologies.
Employment opportunities exist with fire departments, governmental agencies, industrial firms, insurance rating organizations, and educational organizations.
Coastal Carolina Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science Degree, a Diploma, and five Certificates. The appropriate coursework for each is listed below.
Visit the Fire Protection Technology Department Website.
Awards Available – See Course Requirements below.
- Associate in Applied Science Fire Protection Technology Degree (A55240)
- Fire Protection Technology Diploma (D55240)
- General Level Certificate (C55240)
- General Level 2 Certificate (C55240C)
- Fire Investigator Level Certificate (C55240A)
- Incident Command Level Certificate (C55240B)
- Fire Supervisor Certificate (C55240D)