The Fire Protection Technology curriculum is designed to provide individuals with technical and professional knowledge to make decisions regarding fire protection for both public and private sectors. It also provides a sound foundation for continuous higher learning in fire protection, administration, and management.
Coursework includes classroom and laboratory exercises to introduce the student to various aspects of fire protection. Students will learn technical and administrative skills such as hydraulics, hazardous materials, arson investigation, fire protection safety, fire suppression management, law, and codes.
Graduates should qualify for employment or advancement in governmental agencies, industrial firms, insurance rating organizations, educational organizations, and municipal fire departments. Employed persons should have opportunities for skilled and supervisory-level positions within their current organizations.
Coastal Carolina Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science Degree, a Diploma, and five Certificates.
Visit the Fire Protection Technology Department Website.
View the Annual Admissions Bulletin for more information about the program.
Awards Available – See Course Requirements below.
- Associate in Applied Science Fire Protection Technology Degree (A55240)
- Fire Protection Technology Diploma (D55240)
- General Level Certificate (C55240)
- General Level 2 Certificate (C55240C)
- Fire Investigator Level Certificate (C55240A)
- Incident Command Level Certificate (C55240B)
- Fire Supervisor Certificate (C55240D)