Coastal Carolina Community College maintains an open door admissions policy for all applicants. The College serves students regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, age, or physical handicap. Selective placement of individual students in the different programs of study within the College is determined by the admissions office, within the guidelines established by the State Board of Community Colleges and the North Carolina Community College System for each program of study and course offered.
Except for the continuing adult education programs, the admissions procedure requires that the student fulfill the following requirements.
- Submit an application. Admission applications may be submitted to the College in person, by mail, or via the College website. Applications are also available through the website of the College Foundation of North Carolina (www.CFNC.org).
- Submit an official high school transcript showing proof of graduation, or GED scores (recognized by a state accredited provider) which qualify as a high school equivalency certificate within any of the fifty states.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- Take any required placement tests (placement tests are valid for consecutive months from the month of administration). Students may take the entire placement test twice under the administration of the College within a two-year period.
- Meet with an academic counselor. No appointment needed. If you are a distance learning student, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive counseling and academic advising.
The College reserves the right to refuse admission to any student whose enrollment or continued presence is considered a risk for campus safety or disruption of the educational process. Prior disciplinary records may be considered when students seek admission to the College.
Thank you for your interest in attending Coastal. We look forward to working with you. For additional information contact the Admissions Office at (910) 938-6394 or email email@example.com.
How to Use the Coastal Carolina Community College Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click the ‘SUBMIT’ button located on the left column to submit the application.
What To Do Next?
- For online applicants, print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen).
- Make arrangements for official High school transcripts showing proof of graduation or GED scores (recognized by a state accepted provider) which qualify as a high school equivalency certificate within fifty states to be sent to the admissions office.
- Make arrangements for official transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended to be sent to the admissions office.
- Take any required placement tests. Students may take the entire placement test only twice within a two-year period. Note: Placement tests scores are valid for 36 consecutive months from the month administered.
- Make arrangements to speak with an academic counselor. No appointment needed.