2nd Session Classes
Pell will only pay for classes that have started attendance. 2nd session, 12 week, 5 week, 8 week and 4 week module classes that have not started attendance will not be included in your total credit hours until they start and you have verified your class attendance. Your Cost of Living remainder may be initially reduced accordingly.
Return to Title IV
If you are withdrawn or dropped from all classes for the semester before the 60% point, or 2nd session classes, 12 week classes, or 4 week modules, you may have to return the unearned portion of the financial aid funds to the federal government. Please see your financial aid counselor for calculations.
Return to State Grants
If you are withdrawn or dropped from all classes prior to the 35% point of the term, you may have to return the unearned portion of your state grant scholarships. These include the North Carolina Community College Scholarship and the North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship. Please see your financial aid counselor for calculations.
Clock Hour Converted Programs
If you are registered for a program that is one year or less in length such as a Diploma or Certificate Program, your classes may be subject to the Clock Hour Conversion (CHC) rule. The CHC may be less than your actual registered credit hours and therefore your pell may be reduced. BLET, Cosmetology and Cosmetology Instructor will be paid in two payments, one at the halfway point of the semester (1/2 of award) and the other ½ of award at the end of the semester.
Please see your financial aid counselor for a Clock Hour Conversion chart.
The Signed Copy of your registration form cannot be signed by your instructor or submitted to the Financial Aid Office until you have attended or logged into your class on or after May 26, 2015.
5 p.m. Friday, June 12, 2015 – The white copy of your class schedule form, with instructor’s initials, must be turned in to the Admissions Office Receptionist in Student Services. You must also sign a logbook.
Federal regulations require that your attendance in each class be verified.
Verification of Attendance must be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday, June 12, 2015.
Have your instructors’ initial their class listed on the white copy of your registration form. Once you have all your instructor’s initials for your classes, bring the white copy to the Admissions Office Receptionist where you will turn it in and sign a logbook.
See the instructions on the back of this sheet. Attach the on-line printout(s) to the white copy of your registration form. If you login after the first five (5) days of class, log to Blackboard, sign in to your on-line class, click course documents, click Pell Grant verification, take survey, print copy, and click submit. Bring your white copy, with on-line printout(s), to the Admissions Office Receptionist where you will turn it in and sign a logbook. If you are unable to bring your online class printouts to the Admissions Receptionists, please mail them to: Financial Aid, Coastal Carolina Community College, 444 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC 28546.
Distribution of Your Pell Grant
Charging My Books and Supplies
You may charge your books and supplies in the College Store beginning Tuesday, May 12, 2015 through close of business on Friday, June 5, 2015.
Cost of Living Refund
If you have a balance in your semester Pell Grant account after all charges have been subtracted, you will be receiving your refund from Higher One based on your elected refund preference on or about June 19, 2015. (An ACH refund preference option may take approximately 2-3 business days and a paper check preference option may take 5-7 business days.)
Federal Work-Study Program
If you are interested in a part-time position that works around your class schedule, ask the Admissions Office Receptionist or any Financial Aid professional for a federal work-study application.
Steps to Follow for Pell Grant Students for On-Line Class(es) Verification
- Open your Web browser and enter http://coastalcarolina.blackboard.com in the address bar. Press the “Enter” key to go to the college’s on-line course site. You can also access blackboard through your Campus Cruiser account.
- Click the “Login” button.
- Type your Username (First and Last name, last 3 digits of Student ID#).
- Type your Password (coastal plus last 3 digits of Student ID#).
- Then click the “Login” button.
- Find the “My Courses” section on the right side of the Blackboard screen.
- Click on the name of the course you are entering (such as Personal Finance).
- On the Announcements page, you will see several announcements to include one for Pell Grant Verification. The announcement will direct you where to find the survey in your online class.
- You will be prompted to verify that you want to complete the Pell Grant Verification Survey. Click the “OK” button.
- The Pell Grant Verification Survey will open.
Read the instructions carefully.
- Question 1 – Type your first and last name.
- Question 2 – Type your 7 digit Coastal student ID number.
- Question 2 – If you are receiving a Pell Grant this semester, click “Yes”.
- Question 4 – Type the date.
- NOTE: At this point, click the “Print” button on your Web browser toolbar.
- Finally, click the “Submit” button in the lower right hand corner.
- You must attach a printout for each on-line class to your white registration form.
- Any problems? Contact the Help Desk at 910-938-6123.