As part of the Admissions process, placement test scores are required. Coastal administers the NC DAP as the official placement test. We also accept official COMPASS, ASSET, Accuplacer/CPT, SAT, and ACT scores earned within the past 60 consecutive months from the month of administration from other institutions. Distance Learning students are encouraged to find an institution near them that offers one of the accepted placement testing options. Placement test scores may be waived by a Counselor if you have previous college credit in English and math.
Effective January 4 – May 27, 2016
A.D. Guy Business Technology Building – Room 108
Much more than a series of tests, the NC DAP system is a comprehensive testing system:
- computer-adaptive and Internet-delivered
- helps place students into appropriate courses
- maximizes the information postsecondary schools need to ensure student success
Using the latest technology, NC DAP measures students’ skills in essay writing, reading and revising, and mathematics.
- Picture ID and Coastal Student ID Number required. In order to be assigned a Coastal Student ID Number, please submit a general Admissions Application to the Admissions Office in the Student Center Building prior to testing.
- No appointment necessary.
- Walk-in basis only and seats are subject to availability.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Check-in between 8:00am – 9:00am
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Check-in between 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Check-in between 5:30pm – 6:30pm
No Testing on the Following Dates:
January 18, 2016 /Martin Luther King Day
March 25, 2016/Good Friday
March 28 – April 1, 2016/Spring Break