Coastal’s online courses are equivalent to traditional courses in academic rigor and student requirements. Students should not view an online course as “easier” than traditional courses. In fact, successful students often find online classes to be more challenging than traditional classes, due to the additional reading and personal discipline that is required.
Before enrolling in an online course, students must…
- Have a working knowledge of the Internet, e-mail, and basic word processing skills.
- Have continuous access to a computer with a reliable connection to the Internet.
- Be highly self-motivated and self-directed.
Blackboard Information for Continuing Education Classes
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt O/L
- Pharmacy Technician O/L
- Medical Coding Specialist O/L
- Nurse Aide I Hybrid
- Nurse Aide II Hybrid
- Theory & Practice of Group Counseling
- Understanding Addiction
- Theory & Practice of Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Microsoft Office O/L
- Webpage Tips & Tricks for Teachers
- Getting a Job in Today’s Economy
Coastal Carolina Community College provides the campus-hosted Blackboard site for your usage. You will be taking your quizzes and tests through this location. You also will be able to access your assignments and notes about your course.
A day or two before your class starts, you will receive an e-mail from the Blackboard Administrator for Continuing Education with your username and password. The e-mail will be from email@example.com. Sometimes this e-mail will be caught by your spam filter so please check there also. Please ensure that you provide an accurate e-mail address on your registration form!
Logging in to your online course:
- Using your browser, enter http://coastalcarolina.blackboard.com/ (If you are also a curriculum student and have a Campus Cruiser account, do not log in to Blackboard from there).
- Click on “login”.
- Enter your username and password.
- Under “My Courses” click on the CE course name that you are enrolled in.
- When the course opens, the list of buttons on the left will navigate you through the course.
Your class will not be available until the start date.
If you have any questions about logging in to your online course or to have your password reset, please contact Michelle Price at (910) 938-6294.
If you have any questions about your online course work, please contact your instructor. Contact information will be included in the announcements.
If you are having other technical difficulties, please contact the Coastal Carolina Community College Help Desk at 938-6123.