Course Cancellation & Refunds
Refund Policy Requests for refunds will be processed by the Accounting Office as rapidly as possible and may take up to two to three weeks. All refunds are sent as a check to the student who was registered for the class. A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- A student who officially withdraws (in writing) from an extension class(es) prior to the first class meeting shall be eligible for a 100% registration and insurance refund. Also, a student is eligible for a 100% refund if an applicable class fails to “make” due to insufficient enrollment.
- After the respective class begins, a 75% registration refund shall be made upon the request of the student if the student officially withdraws (in writing) from the class prior to or on the 10 percent point of the scheduled hours of the class.
Note: This Rule is applicable regardless of the number of times the class meets or the number of hours the class is scheduled to meet.
- A 100% registration refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws (in writing) from a contact hour class prior to the first day of class of the academic semester or term or if the college cancels the class.
- A 75% refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class on or before the tenth calendar day of the class.
- There are no refunds for Recreational, Hobby, or Motorcycle classes unless the college has to cancel the class.
- For applicable classes, none of the insurance fee is refundable once the class has started whether the student attended the first day of class or not.
Students paying registration and fees via credit card will receive any associated refunds on the credit card used for the initial payment.
Cancellation of Courses
Continuing education non-credit classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is insufficient.