Civilian Access to Military Installations for Classes

If you have registered for courses being held aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, or MCAS New River, and you are not a Military ID cardholder, it is your responsibility to ensure that all of the steps below are completed prior to the start of the academic term.

To Obtain Your 50-State Background Check

  • Download the form here.
  • Fill out and sign the permission form. Instructional students should return their forms to Tammy Morley, and Continuing Education students to Karen Hall. Ms. Morley’s office is located in the Student Center, and Ms. Hall’s office is located in the Hurst Continuing Education Building. Both offices are located on Coastal’s main campus at 444 Western Boulevard.
  • The completed background check will be returned to the appropriate office, and you may pick up the completed background check and the required documentation and instructions from Ms. Morley or Ms. Hall.

To Obtain Your Vehicle Registration

Download the Vehicle Use Permit Form here.

Visitor’s Center at Main Gate Entrance
Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM-3:50PM**
**(please note that personnel authorized to issue passes for the term are only on duty during these hours)

Building AS-187, Room 2 MCAS New River
(on right, at front gate)
Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM-4:15 PM

You will need to have the following with you:

  • 50-State Background Check (initial submission must be within 30 days from date of background check)
  • Valid Photo ID (State Driver’s License, ID card, or Passport)
  • Valid and updated Coastal Carolina Community College ID Card
  • Letter of confirmation of registration endorsed by Coastal Carolina Community College representative (provided with background check from Coastal)
  • Copy of schedule for relevant academic term to match dates/times on letter of confirmation of registration
  • Valid State Vehicle Registration (Original Only NO COPIES or faxes)
    • If YOUR name is not on the vehicle registration, YOU MUST HAVE one of the following.
      • Original Power of Attorney
      • ORIGINAL notarized “Vehicle Use Permit”
      • Immediate family only, not authorized for: fiancé(e), friend(s)
  • Proof of Current Insurance – Card or faxed copy will be sufficient
    • Declarations page, if out of state
      • Must show NC minimum liability
        • $30,000 per person
        • $60,000 per accident (bodily injury)
        • $25,000 property damage

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michelle Koenig, Division Chair for Off-Campus Sites, at (910) 451-2391.