What is CLEP?
The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of 30 examinations. Earn credit for knowledge you have acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
Who can take CLEP Tests at Camp Lejeune?
- Military personnel (active and reserve) and military retirees
- Adult family members of military and U.S. Department of Defense employees
- Other civilians who have base access and those enrolled in the voluntary education program colleges/universities located aboard MCB Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River.
How long and how much is a test?
Tests are 1.5 hours to 2 hours long and the cost of a CLEP exam is $105 per test, a fraction of the tuition and fees for the corresponding course. The test is FREE one time per test for all eligible military personnel. Please contact the testing center (910-451-5266) for further details regarding the cost of the CLEP test and eligibility requirements.
Which tests can I take?
There are 30 computer-based tests available in five categories: Composition and Literature, Business, History and Social Sciences, Science and Mathematics, and Foreign Languages.
Where can I take a CLEP Test?
Testing is available at the UNCW National Testing Center aboard MCB Camp Lejeune. The testing center is located in the John A. Lejeune Education Center, 825 Stone Street in Room 121.
How do I schedule a CLEP test?
- Eligible personnel (with base access) may schedule a test at MCB Camp Lejeune by calling 910-451-9289.
- Non-authorized personnel should access www.collegeboard.com for the nearest National Testing Facility.
Due to the limited number of seats available per CLEP testing sessions, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for all CLEP exam cancellations.
In accordance with mandatory base dress code policies, appropriate attire is required when testing.