Get started in a growing industry, or improve upon existing skills!
The NASM CPT course is specifically designed to elevate enrolling students’ knowledge and skill sets pertaining to the fundamentals of the personal fitness training profession. This course is structured and taught in a fashion that enhances novice or experienced personal trainers alike. Students that take this step in their professional development will be prepared to take the NASM certification examination at the course completion. Students will gain academic and practical hands on knowledge about the human body, training techniques and the physical application of sound, safe and productive personal trainer skills. As part of the course requirement, students receive eight hours of American Heart Association CPR and AED certification.
Whether you want to focus on everyday fitness or train elite athletes at the professional level, Coastal Carolina Community College can help you launch your career.
Certified Personal Trainer Program Topics
- Concept and Structure of Anatomy
- Principles of Human Movement Science
- Flexibility Training Techniques
- Core Training Techniques
- Balance Training Techniques
- Reactive Training Techniques
- Strength, Stability, and Power
- Integrated Training
- Safe Training Progression/Regression
- Safe Training Methods
- Program Design
- Professional Development
- Trainer Ethics
- Business Practices
- CPR/AED Certification
Jan 16 – May 31, 2018
TTH • 8:00am – 12:00pm
Jan 22 – May 30, 2018
MTW • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- The registration fees for this course will be $180 + $1 insurance.
- A textbook is required and will be available at the College Store (910.938.6295).
- NASM national certification fee: approx. $399.00 (subject to change by NASM). This will be collected 30-days prior to course ending date(s). This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
For more information,
call 910.938.6294, email email@example.com, or stop by the Kenneth B. Hurst Continuing Education Building located at the corner or Western Boulevard and University Drive.