The Diesel and heavy Equipment Technology program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, service, and maintain diesel engines in vehicles such as Heavy Duty Trucks over one ton classification, buses, ships, railroad locomotives, and equipment; as well as stationary diesel engines in electrical generators and related equipment.
Coastal Carolina Community College offers a Diploma and four Certificates. Each has been identified as a limited enrollment program and may involve certain deadlines. See an academic counselor for additional information. The appropriate coursework for each is listed below.
Awards Available – See Course Requirements below.
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Diploma (D60460)
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Certificate (C60460) Evening Offering
- Medium/Heavy Duty Power Train Certificate (C60460A)
- Medium/Heavy Duty Drive Train Certificate (C60460B)
- Heavy Duty Truck Systems Certificate (C60460C)