Dental Assisting Program Goals
- To provide a student-centered teaching environment that engages the students as active learners.
- To educate dental assisting students in the ethical, legal, and competent practice of dental assisting.
- To comprehensively prepare students to assist the dentist in the delivery of dental treatment.
- To prepare students to function as integral members of the dental team while performing chairside and related office and laboratory procedures.
- To prepare dental assistants with the interpersonal skills and necessary competencies to provide patient-centered care.
- To educate students on current technologies and the skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing healthcare system.
- To engage students in the promotion of dental health ideals through service to the community and involvement with professional organizations.