Statement of Patient’s Rights
As a patient in the Coastal Carolina Community College Dental Clinic you have the right, consistent with law, to:
- Be treated with adequate, appropriate, compassionate care at all times and under all circumstances.
- Receive treatment without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Request accommodation for a disability by completing the “Request for Accommodation” form in advance, so as to provide the college sufficient and adequate time to meet your needs. You may obtain this form from the Admissions office. We can not guarantee the availability of a reasonable accommodation unless advance notice is given.
- Be informed of all aspects of treatment, including costs.
- Know the names, positions, and functions of any dental instructors, staff, and students in the Dental Department Clinic who are involved in your care.
- Receive considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment free of unnecessary restraints.
- Obtain a thorough evaluation of your dental needs.
- Be treated as a partner in case and decision making related to treatment planning.
- Receive current information and be assured of quality treatment.
- Be taught how to maintain good oral health for a lifetime.
- Be able to refuse treatment to the extent provided by law and to be informed of the medical/dental consequences of that refusal.
- Receive complete information about your further treatment needs and any referral that is advised.
- Have confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care.
- Review your record and obtain a copy of your record if you request it.
- Receive dental treatment that meets the standard of care in the profession.
- Complain without fear of reprisals about the care and service you are receiving and have the clinic supervisor respond to you, and if requested, respond in writing.
- Receive assurance of continuity and completion of treatment within the scope of comprehensive dental hygiene care.
Statement of Patient’s Responsibilities
As a patient in the Coastal Carolina Dental Clinic, you have responsibilities as well as rights. You have the responsibility to:
- Share honestly and completely your medical and dental history, previous illnesses, hospitalizations, exposure to communicable diseases, information about medications you are taking, allergies, and your current medical care.
- Follow your treatment plan and ask questions about anything you don’t understand.
- Keep scheduled appointments and give at least 24 hours advance notice, if unable to do so.
- Be prompt for your appointments. It is important that you receive complete care and that students have adequate time to provide the services.
- Be an active participant in the dental care of yourself and your family. Ask questions so that you can better understand the nature of your dental condition and the treatment provided.
- Contact your personal dentist for regular dental care and for dental hygiene care if you are not selected as a patient or have not been contacted by the time your regular check up is due. The Dental Department clinic cannot guarantee regular, periodic cleaning appointments for anyone.
- If you have children, make sure you have alternate care for them on the day(s) of your appointment. College policy prohibits children from being in the clinic, or in the reception area unattended.