On this page:
- About Us
- Appointment Information
- Moving/Cancelling Appointments
- Missed Appointments
- Group Scheduling
- Learn More About the Writer’s Center
The Writer’s Center is a free resource available to all Coastal Carolina Community College students. It is a collaborative, supportive, and non-evaluative environment intended to help you with your writing in a way that will improve your writing abilities and confidence as a writer. Our tutors are English instructors who will work with you one-on-one to assist with any aspect of the writing process in any subject matter.
If this is your first time making an appointment, the button above will direct you to create an account so we have your information in our system. This information allows us to contact you regarding scheduling and to notify your instructors of your visit. Once you have registered with us the first time, you will not be asked to register again; the “Make an Appointment” button will take you directly to the WC appointment scheduling page.
You will need your Curriculum Code to register with us! You can find your Curriculum Code here.
If you are unsure which Academic Program you are enrolled in, go to MyCCCC>WebAdvisor and log in. Click on “My Profile” and look under “Academic Program.” Then find the corresponding Curriculum Code through the link above.
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 3:00 pm
Monday & Thursday
5:00pm – 7:00pm
Fall and Spring Hours:
Monday – Thursday
9:00am – 3:00 pm
9:00am – 12:00 pm
Tutorials and Instructions
Virtual Face-to-Face Tutoring Tutorial:
Online Tutoring Tutorial:
- Virtual tutoring is scheduled in hour-long blocks. Online tutoring is scheduled in 30-minute blocks. We cannot guarantee that tutors will be able to help you with every aspect of your paper within the session time period. Tutors will focus on the most pressing issues at hand and will encourage you to come back later as needed.
- You may only schedule one appointment at a time. For example, if you know you would like to have multiple sessions on a given day, go ahead and schedule one appointment, then you can schedule a return appointment with us as you are leaving that session if you wish.
- If face-to-face tutoring is available, you also have the option to walk in at any time and see if a session is available, although appointments take priority over walk-ins.
- To make the most of your Writer’s Center session, schedule appointments well before your paper is due because you’ll need plenty of time to revise your paper after the session.
If you would like to reschedule or simply cancel an appointment, you can do it yourself by returning to the WC schedule, clicking on your appointment, and clicking “Cancel this Appointment.” You may schedule another appointment as desired. You are also welcome to contact the Writer’s Center by phone or email and we will be happy to cancel or reschedule for you. PLEASE NOTE: The Writer’s Center administrators reserve the right to move your appointment to another tutor as needed in accordance with our policies (we will not change the time of your appointment, however). If you would like to work with the specific tutor that you selected for your appointment, please let us know when you make the appointment by including your request in the appointment form under “What would you like to work on today?”
If you have to miss an appointment, we would prefer that you cancel it through WCOnline or by calling the Writer’s Center; however, if you fail to notify us, then you may not schedule another session that day, but feel free to walk in that day, or you may make another appointment or walk in on any other day. An appointment is considered missed at 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, and you will be notified of all missed appointments via email. Three missed appointments in a semester will result in a suspension of Writer’s Center appointment privileges for the remainder of that semester, but you will still be allowed to walk in for sessions. Also, if you make an online appointment and do not attach a file for us to review by the scheduled time, it will be treated as a missed appointment in our system.
The Writer’s Center can accommodate small groups of up to four members for a 30-minute session with one tutor. Please contact the Writer’s Center for small group scheduling.
Learn More about the Writer’s Center
- FAQs for Students
- FAQs for Faculty & Staff
- Writer’s Center Staff
- Writing Resources
- Contact the Writer’s Center