Coastal Carolina Community College maintains an open door admissions policy for all applicants. The College serves students regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, age, or physical handicap. Selective placement of individual students in the different programs of study within the College is determined by the admissions office, within the guidelines established by the State Board of Community Colleges and the North Carolina Community College System for each program of study and course offered.
Except for the continuing adult education programs, the admissions procedure requires that the student fulfill the following requirements.
- Complete a Residency Determination Request
All applicants (except Career and College Promise applicants) must complete a Residency Determination request to determine their tuition status (in-state or out-of-state) prior to admission. Complete your Residency Determination Request online at: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/residencyInfo/.
- Complete the Application for Admission
Apply online through CFNC.org
Download Printable Application
- TAKE ANY REQUIRED PLACEMENT TEST
Students may take the entire placement test only twice within a 12 month period. Note: Placement test scores are valid for 60 consecutive months from the month administered.
- REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Make arrangements for official high school transcripts showing proof of graduation or High School Equivalency scores, which qualify as a high school equivalency certificate within the fifty states, to be sent to the Admissions Office. If you previously attended a college, university, or technical school, Coastal requires that you submit official transcripts from those educational institutions.
- MEET WITH AN ACADEMIC COUNSELOR TO BE OFFICIALLY ADMITTED
All prospective students are required to meet with a counselor as the final step of the application process. The counselor will help you choose a curriculum and discuss registration options.
- APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
The College provides a number of financial assistance programs, ensuring educational opportunities for individual students. Grants, scholarships, and employment opportunities are included in such programs. Start your process by going to www.fafsa.gov. After completion, you will receive next steps from Coastal’s Financial Aid Office before eligibility can be determined.
The College reserves the right to refuse admission to any student whose enrollment or continued presence is considered a risk for campus safety or disruption of the educational process. Prior disciplinary records may be considered when students seek admission to the College.
Thank you for your interest in attending Coastal. We look forward to working with you. For additional information contact the Admissions Office at (910) 938-6394 or email email@example.com.
How to Use the Residency Determination Service Website
You are now required to complete the new North Carolina residency determination request prior to completing and submitting your application. Here are some tips for completing your residency request:
Tip for Question 1: If you would like to be considered for in-state tuition (to include active duty military and dependent waivers), make sure to answer “YES” to question 1 asking you if want to establish residency in North Carolina. If you answer “NO”, you will automatically be considered out-of-state with out-of-state tuition.
- The average interview takes 10-12 minutes to complete. Information about data and documentation you may need to gather before starting the interview is included on the next page.
- You may need a flash drive to upload your supporting documentation if you are applying anywhere outside of your home computer.
- Do NOT use your browser Back and Forward navigation arrows. Use only the Continue or Make Changes buttons on the interview page. You will be able to review and make changes to the information you enter.
- You may exit your residency request and resume later. The information you enter will be saved after each section you complete. You have 25 days to complete your request. If you do not complete your request within 25 days, you will be required to begin a new request. Please note: this includes submitting any follow-up documentation required by RDS.
If you have already completed the residency determination for another college, you will not have to complete the request again. You will just need to enter your Residency Certification Number (RCN) when prompted.
Documents Needed Before Applying for Residency
The listing below reflects information and documentation that may be requested during and at the end of your RDS online interview request. This listing is not all-inclusive nor will every applicant be required to submit the information.
- Student and parent unique identifier such as a social security number, individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), alien registration number (ARN/A-number), or US Citizenship and Immigration Service number (CIS)
- Parent and/or student vehicle registration
- Parent and/or student driver’s license
- Parent and/or student federal and state tax returns
- Rental/lease agreement
- Active Duty Military Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Veterans Education Certificate of Eligibility for Chapters 30 and 33 benefits
- DD-214 for discharged veterans
- Marriage certificate
- Permanent Resident Card
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with approved Category code
- I-485 receipt notice
- Approved I-130/140/360
- Federal tax form to confirm dependent status for parent with approved I-140 /I-130
- Immigration Court order
- I-797 Notice of Approval from USCIS
- Conditional Green Card
- I-751 conditional Green Card extension
- VISA stamped document
- I-94 stamped document (travel document)
I-90 application to renew permanent resident card
Additional Contact Information for RDS
- Toll Free: (844) 319-3640
- Local: (919) 835-2290
- Fax: (919) 835-2427
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Use the Coastal Carolina Community College Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click the ‘SUBMIT’ button located on the left column to submit the application.
What To Do Next?
- For online applicants, print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen).
- Make arrangements for official High school transcripts showing proof of graduation or GED® scores (recognized by a state accepted provider) which qualify as a high school equivalency certificate within fifty states to be sent to the admissions office.
- Make arrangements for official transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended to be sent to the admissions office.
- Take any required placement tests. Students may take the entire placement test only twice within a two-year period. Note: Placement tests scores are valid for 36 consecutive months from the month administered.
- Make arrangements to speak with an academic counselor. No appointment needed.
- Make sure you save the email you receive from RDS Notification with your RCN number. You will need that number to complete the admissions process at Coastal Carolina Community College.