Health Science Applicant Steps for Admission
We’re excited you’re considering a career in Allied Health!
Students applying to our limited enrollment Allied Health programs start by completing the general admissions process. Once completed, students are able to register for related or pre-requisite classes as an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Special Credit/Visiting student, following the process outlined below. If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call 910.938.6332.
Step 1 | Complete Your Residency Determination
First, complete your residency application through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS). RDS determines whether you’ll pay in-state or out-of-state tuition. Once completed, you will be assigned a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Save this number! You’ll need it for the Coastal admissions application.
For more information about RDS, to include the reconsideration or appeals processes for residency classification, please visit https://ncresidency.cfnc.org
Step 2 | Complete Your Admissions Application
Now you’re ready to complete the admissions application!
Things to keep in mind:
- If you need to save it and come back later, you can.
- Once submitted, allow one week for your application to be processed and to receive an email with your Student ID and login information for your MyCCCC portal.
- If you applied within the last year, you do not need to reapply. Please contact Admissions to confirm; it’s possible you can just update your start term.
If you have questions or need assistance with the admissions application, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910.938.6332.
Step 3 | Submit Your Transcripts
Now you're ready to submit all official transcript(s)!
- To be a fully admitted student, have access to financial aid and Veterans Benefits, apply to limited enrollment programs, or graduate from Coastal Carolina Community College, you must submit official high school or high school equivalency transcripts, as well as official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you've attended.
- Electronic transcripts may be submitted to email@example.com. All other transcripts should be mailed to: Coastal Carolina Community College, 444 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC 28546-6816.
- If you submitted any type of official transcript within the past twelve months, they should still be on file. If you have questions regarding transcript receipt, please call 910.938.6246 or 910.938.6255.
Step 4 | Complete the Application Process
You’re almost there!
- After you have submitted your application and transcripts, your next step will be to connect with a member of the counseling staff. At this time, you will be admitted to Coastal, determine whether or not you need to take a placement test, choose your program of study, and discuss registration options.
- If you are interested in transferring credits, it is during this meeting that you will receive an unofficial transcript evaluation. An official transcript evaluation will be completed during your first semester at Coastal. Additional questions can be referred to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a military-connected student, in order to be considered for the in-state tuition rate, please complete and return the Military Servicemember In-State Tuition Affidavit or Military Dependent In-State Tuition Affidavit.