Step 1 | Complete Your Residency Determination
First, complete your residency application through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS). RDS determines whether you’ll pay in-state or out-of-state tuition. Once completed, you will be assigned a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Save this number! You’ll need it for the Coastal admissions application.
For more information about RDS, to include the reconsideration or appeals processes for residency classification, please visit https://ncresidency.cfnc.org
Step 2 | Complete Your Admissions Application
Now you’re ready to complete the admissions application!
Things to keep in mind:
- If you need to save it and come back later, you can.
- Once submitted, allow one week for your application to be processed and to receive an email with your Student ID and login information for your MyCCCC portal.
- If you applied within the last year, you do not need to reapply. Please contact Admissions to confirm; it’s possible you can just update your start term.
If you have questions or need assistance with the admissions application, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call 910.938.6332.
Step 3 | Submit Your Transcripts
- Obtain permission from your home institution to attend classes at Coastal.
- You do not need to submit official transcripts; however, if you are interested in taking a class at Coastal that has a pre- or co-requisite, we do need at least an unofficial transcript listing the name of the institution you attended and shows a grade of "C" or higher for the course that is a pre- or co-requisite. We cannot accept courses that are still “In Progress” or otherwise do not have a grade.
- To determine if the course(s) you’re interested in taking require a pre- or co-requisite, please see the current College Catalog.
Step 4 | Complete Your Application Process
You’re almost there!
- After you have submitted your application and transcripts, your next step will be to connect with a member of the counseling staff. At this time, you will be admitted to Coastal, determine whether or not you need to take a placement test.
- If you are a military-connected student, in order to be considered for the in-state tuition rate, please complete and return the Military Servicemember In-State Tuition Affidavit or Military Dependent In-State Tuition Affidavit.