Please refer to the current Continuing Education Schedule of Classes for upcoming dates and times.
This 40-hour course consists of a classroom/lab review of knowledge and skills in basic nursing care provided by the Nurse Aide I. If you were an Nursing Aide in another state, a Hospital Corpsman, or if you worked previously as a Nurse Aide and your license expired in the past 4 years, it is our goal to build on your experience and knowledge and prepare you to take the NC Nurse Aide I exam. There were changes made to some of the skills July 1, 2018. We will get you up to date!
- Have completed an approved Nurse Aide training course of at least 75 hours.
- Be currently registered as a Nurse Aide I in another state.
- Have an expired Nurse Aide I registry listing within the last 4 years (any state).
- Have status as a Hospital Corpsman (or similar military training from any branch of service) and require competency evaluation for the NC NAI registry.
- Must be at least 17 years of age to register.
To renew or be listed as a NA-I in the state of NC, the student must successfully pass a written and skills state administered exam. The fee for this exam is $120.00 which will be submitted to PearsonVue. We will provide you with information regarding the test application, scheduling, and available test sites. A certificate of completion will be presented following successful completion of the course requirements. Classes are offered bi-monthly.