Receive college credit for knowledge you have acquired through the College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) by earning qualifying scores on any of the 33 computer based examinations. Testing is available for anyone authorized to access MCB Camp Lejeune and is FREE, one time, per test for all eligible military personnel.
Registration and Payment Process
Order CLEP Exam
- Order exam through the CLEP College Board (http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam).
- Pay exam fee, if required ($80.00). There is no charge for active duty military personnel
- Active duty – select the “DANTES-Funded Military Personnel” box
- Print receipt
- Register for CLEP Exam online at www.uncw.edu/onslow/testing.html
- Pay registration fee, if required ($28.00). There is no charge for active duty military personnel
- Active duty – select the “CLEP – Military Personnel Only” registration tab to schedule for a CLEP exam
- Print registration/payment verification
NOTE: ALL testers need to register on BOTH websites above. Please contact the UNCW testing center at 910.962.TEST (8378) or visit http://www.uncw.edu/onslow/testing.html for further details regarding the cost of CLEP tests and eligibility requirements.
CLEP study materials are available at http://clep.collegeboard.org/exams/offered. Military personnel/dependents can access www.navy.mil for additional test preparation materials and practice exams. All base and local libraries have CLEP books and study materials as well.
UNCW National Testing Center – Camp Lejeune
The UNCW National Testing Center is located aboard MCB Camp Lejeune in the John A. Lejeune Education Center, 825 Stone Street, Camp Lejeune, NC, Room 121.
- Provide the test proctor with two (2) forms of current identification (e.g. military I.D., driver’s license, passport with photo and signature). The name on both forms must be identical.
- Provide the test proctor with the two receipts created during the registration and payment process(Registration fee and the CLEP exam fee).
- Lockers are provided to securely store personal belongings which are not permitted in the testing center.
- In accordance with mandatory base dress code policies, appropriate attire is required when testing.