Through the Department of Defense, militaryonesource.mil manages the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program which provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance for military spouses. Coastal Carolina Community College is a participating institution in this program. This program is available to spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2, and it is also available to the spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsors are on Title 10 orders. The maximum financial benefit is $4,000, with a fiscal year cap of $2,000. Military spouses are required to finish their programs of study within three years from the start date of the first course, and programs of study are limited to specific associate degrees, certifications, and licensures. These funds can be used at Coastal to cover programs in both curriculum and continuing education.
Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2, and spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within the referenced ranks are eligible. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsors are on Title 10 orders. NOTE: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.
Some additional restrictions do apply for this program. If you have questions, please contact the Camp Lejeune Office at 910.451.2391 or myCAA@coastalcarolina.edu.
Visit the MyCAA website for more information.
How to establish a MyCAA Account
The College can provide an Education and Training Plan to all students utilizing MyCAA funding to pay his/her tuition at Coastal Carolina Community College once the following steps are completed.
*Please note: MyCAA will not fund general transfer programs of study, please see an academic advisor for any questions regarding programs of study.
1. Visit the MyCAA website: https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil and create a user account. After you click the link you will be directed to a message that says “this site is not secure” or “your connection is not private”, click “details” or “advanced” then click “go on to webpage” or “proceed to mycaa.militaryonesource.mil”. If you need assistance setting up your MyCAA account, please call (800) 342-9647. You will also create a MYSECO account using the website: https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/portal/account/login and following the instructions provided.
2. Once your accounts are created, you will need to call (800) 342-9647 to set up your appointment for your interview with a MySECO representative.
3. When you have an appointment confirmation, email: email@example.com to request an Education and Training Plan for your program of study. Please include the following in the email:
- Your first and last name, as it appears in DEERS.
- Your student ID Number.
- Your address, as it appears in DEERS.
- Your program of study at Coastal or the name of the class you are planning to take
- The start date for your program of choice
- What, if any, DMA/DRE/CHM 090 courses you may be required to take in addition to your program of study. As long as all information above is provided, a Coastal representative will return an Education and Training Plan to you within two (2) business days.
Once you have registered for your classes, you will be required to request your voucher (FA) that lists the courses in which you are enrolled for the term, and the cost of each course, based upon the number of credit hours.