Civilian Access to Military Installations for Classes

If you have registered for courses being held aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, or MCAS New River, and you are not a Military ID cardholder, it is your responsibility to ensure that all of the steps below are completed prior to the start of the academic term.

To Obtain Your Federal Background Check

  • Download the Federal Background Check Authorization form.
  • For Instructional students, contact Tammy Morley at (910) 938-6232 or; for Continuing Education Students, contact Lorraine Fritter at (910) 938-6142 or to obtain the form which grants permission to the College to provide personal information to the designated officials at the military installation Vetting Office.
  • Fill out and sign the permission form and return it to Ms. Morley or Ms. Fritter.
  • Upon approval for access, students will be contacted by the appropriate office. S/he will need to pick up a sealed envelope (to be opened by the officials at the Vetting Center)

To Obtain Your Vehicle Registration When Registered for Courses at Either Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River

Contractor Vetting Office at Main Gate Entrance, Camp Lejeune
Bldg. 812 (This is the Double-wide trailer next to the RapidGate building)
Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM (Closed for lunch from11:30 – 12:00. Last customer is taken at 2:00 PM, so please plan accordingly)

Please let the person at the desk know that you are a Coastal Carolina Community College Student, and that you have been “PRE-VETTED”

You will need to have the following with you:

  • Valid Photo ID (State Driver’s License, ID card, or Passport)
  • Valid and updated Coastal Carolina Community College ID Card
  • Letter of confirmation of registration endorsed by Coastal Carolina Community College representative and a copy of schedule for relevant academic term to match dates/times on letter of confirmation of registration (these items will be in a sealed envelope to be opened by the Vetting Official)
  • Valid State Vehicle Registration (Original Only NO COPIES or faxes)
    • If YOUR name is not on the vehicle registration, YOU MUST HAVE one of the following.
      • Original Power of Attorney
      • ORIGINAL notarized “Vehicle Use Permit
      • Immediate family only, not authorized for: fiancé(e), friend(s)
  • Proof of Current Insurance – Card or faxed copy will be sufficient
    • Declarations page, if out of state
      • Must show NC minimum liability
        • $30,000 per person
        • $60,000 per accident (bodily injury)
        • $25,000 property damage

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jessica Mand, Director for Military Off-Campus Sites, at (910) 451-2391.