Registration & Transfer Credits

Registration schedules are posted in a variety of areas and students can register aboard MCB Camp Lejeune, MCAS New River, or at the main campus on Western Boulevard.

The Registrar’s Office at the main campus evaluates CLEP exam scores, Joint Services Transcript (JST), and various other possible transfer credits.

  • CLEP (College Level Examination Program) exams are administered by University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) through the Base Education Center’s Testing Officer.
    More information on CLEP testing at Camp Lejeune
    List of CLEP test course equivalents
  • Joint Services Transcript (JST), a record of American Council on Education recommended college credit for military training and occupational training, forms may be requested at the Education Assistance Branches aboard MCB Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River.

In order for transfer credit to be evaluated, students must have a complete admissions file at Coastal. This includes a completed application, receipt of high school and all college transcripts, and the applicable placement test scores. Placement testing is available aboard MCB Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River. In addition, the student must be in a degree program and have completed at least two curriculum courses at Coastal.

Tuition & Fees of Military Personnel in the Armed Services and Dependents Assigned in North Carolina Policy

Military students using Tuition Assistance (TA) must adhere to the College’s published refund and withdrawal policy. The only exceptions to this policy are in the event of unscheduled deployments and/or official orders.