Tuition Refund Policy
- A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances.
- A 100% refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester as noted in the College calendar. (First day of class(es) is defined as the beginning date of the term as stated in the College catalog.) Also, a student is eligible for a 100% refund if the class in which the student is officially registered fails to “make” due to insufficient enrollment;
- A 75% refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10% point of the semester;
- For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days) of the semester, a 100% refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. (First class meeting is defined as the first day of the term/session as defined in the College catalog.) A 75% refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10% point of the class.
- To comply with applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations will supersede the state refund regulations stated in this rule.
- Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the college the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
- For classes such as community interest and motorcycle, there are no refunds unless the class is cancelled by the College.
Military Tuition Refund Policy
Upon request of the student, each college shall:
- Grant a full refund of tuition and fees to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty or active duty personnel who have received temporary or permanent reassignments as a result of military operations then taking place outside the state of North Carolina that make it impossible for them to complete their course requirements; and
- Buy back textbooks through the colleges’ bookstore operations to the extent possible.