How do I register for a Continuing Education class?
You can come in to our office to register, or print a registration form off our website and fax it to us at 910.347.6174 or scan and e-mail it to us at Once you have faxed or e-mailed your form, please call our office at 910.938.6294 before the end of the business day to confirm that it has been received and make the payment for your class (if applicable). The state of North Carolina requires us to collect the student’s signature on the registration form, so unfortunately we are unable to accept registrations by phone.
Where is the Continuing Education office located?
The Continuing Education office is located on the main campus at 444 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC 28546. Our office is in the Kenneth B. Hurst Continuing Education Building, which is the building on the corner of Western Boulevard and University Drive.
View Campus Map
What are the Continuing Education office hours?
We are open from 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM on Fridays.
When do I need to register for a Continuing Education class?
As soon as a class is advertised, it is open for registration (exceptions are noted in our schedule of classes). Please register as soon as possible, as many of our classes fill up quickly and have limited seating. Unless otherwise noted, you can register until the first class meeting, but registering as early as possible is always recommended. Some classes (especially online classes) do have registration deadlines. Please see our Continuing Education Schedule of Classes for additional information.
How much is the registration fee and when is my payment due?
The registration fees for each class are listed in the Continuing Education Schedule of Classes. Payment (or a billing letter, Request for Billing Form, scholarship form, SF-182 form, or exemption letter, if applicable) is due at the time of registration.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal or business checks, or Money Orders. We also accept scholarships that cover Continuing Education classes, and businesses may have their employees’ registration fees billed to them. The student must use a credit card in their name or the car holder may make a payment on the student’s behalf. A Request for Billing may also be utilized.
Can I have my employee's registration fee billed to my business?
Yes. If your company wishes to receive an invoice for an employee’s registration fee, a Request for Billing must be provided at the time of registration. Please provide the name of the student, the name of the class, the amount of the registration fee, and the name, title, phone number, email address, and address of the point of contact. This information must be provided on official letterhead with a current date and the point of contact’s signature. (Military units may provide an SF-I82 with this information in section”C6″)
What textbooks will I need for my course and how much will they cost?
Please contact Coastal’s bookstore at 910.938.6295 for more information on your textbooks. The bookstore is located on our main campus, in the Student Center building. For courses listed in the Continuing Education Schedule of Classes without a book symbol following the description, a textbook is not required and your course materials will be provided.
Where can I obtain a parking pass?
Your instructor will provide you with a student parking pass at the first class meeting. You may park in spaces designated for students. Parking is open in all other spaces after 1:30 PM, and on Saturdays and Sundays.
Do Continuing Education classes earn credits towards a degree?
No, Continuing Education classes do not have degree credits associated with them.
Can I take classes through Continuing Education if I am not a North Carolina resident?
Yes. Residents of any state can register to take Continuing Education classes. There is no difference in course fees. Students take our online classes from around the world.
What are the pre-requisites for a class in which I am interested?
Please refer to the Continuing Education Schedule of Classes for pre-requisites listed in the course description. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 910.938.6294, or
Is financial assistance available for Continuing Education classes?
Yes. Please contact the Human Services office at 910.938.6309 to see if you qualify for financial assistance. The Human Services office is located in the Kenneth B. Hurst Continuing Education Building in room 109. Human Services offers scholarships and grants for those who qualify. Military spouses may also qualify for assistance through MyCAA (Military OneSource). The Division of Workforce Solutions and Onslow County Partnership for Children’s Young Families Connect program may also have assistance available.
What is the TABE placement test?
The TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) measures your grade level in reading and math. It is given from 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM Monday through Wednesday in the Kenneth B. Hurst Continuing Education Building, Room 200. No appointment is necessary and a photo ID is required. Your scores are good for one year.
When will I receive my certificate of completion after the class ends?
Please allow up to four weeks from the end of your class for your certificate of completion to arrive. Your certificate will be mailed to the address provided on your registration form. If you have moved, please provide our office with your new address as soon as possible to avoid a delay in receiving your certificate.
How do I get another copy of my certificate?
Please give us a call at 910.938.6294 to request a duplicate certificate. Duplicate certificates can be either picked up or mailed. If you need an official or unofficial transcripts, please contact the registrar’s office at 910.938.6251.
What is your course cancellation and refund policy?
Our refund policy is available on the Course Cancellation & Refunds page.