The Automotive Systems Technology program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, service, and maintain all types of automobiles. The program includes instruction in brake systems, electrical systems, engine performance, engine repair, suspension and steering, automatic and manual transmissions and drive trains, and heating and air condition systems.
Coastal Carolina Community College offers a Diploma and four Certificates. Each has been identified as a limited enrollment program and may involve certain deadlines. See an academic counselor for additional information. The appropriate coursework for each is listed below.
Awards Available – See Course Requirements above.
- Automotive Systems Technology Diploma (D60160)
- Automotive Systems Technology Certificate (C60160)
- Powertrain Certificate (C60160P)
- Engine Performance Certificate (C60160E)
- Undercar Certificate (C60160U)
Related Curriculum Offerings
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Diploma (D60130)
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Diploma (D60460)