Returning Student Steps for Admission
These steps will help guide you through the admissions process if you have missed a Fall and Spring Semester or a Spring and Fall semester consecutively.
If you are returning to the College after missing a single semester, please contact the Admissions Office at
email@example.com or call 910.938.6332.
We look forward to helping you enroll.
Step 1 | Complete Your Residency Determination
First, complete your residency application through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS). RDS determines whether you’ll pay in-state or out-of-state tuition. Once completed, you will be assigned a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Save this number! You’ll need it for the Coastal admissions application.
For more information about RDS, to include the reconsideration or appeals processes for residency classification, please visit https://ncresidency.cfnc.org
Step 2 | Complete Your Admissions Application
Now you’re ready to complete the admissions application!
Things to keep in mind:
- If you need to save it and come back later, you can.
- Once submitted, allow one week for your application to be processed and to receive an email with your Student ID and login information for your MyCCCC portal.
- If you applied within the last year, you do not need to reapply. Please contact Admissions to confirm; it’s possible you can just update your start term.
If you have questions or need assistance with the admissions application, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910.938.6332.
Step 3 | Submit Your Transcripts
Now you're ready to submit all official transcript(s)!
- To be a fully admitted student, have access to financial aid and Veterans Benefits, apply to limited enrollment programs, or graduate from Coastal Carolina Community College, you must submit official high school or high school equivalency transcripts, as well as official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you've attended.
- Electronic transcripts may be submitted to email@example.com. All other transcripts should be mailed to: Coastal Carolina Community College, 444 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC 28546-6816.
- Previously received transcripts may still be on file. If you have questions regarding transcript receipt, please call 910.938.6246 or 910.938.6255.
Step 4 | Complete Your Application Process
You’re almost there!
- After you have submitted your application and transcripts, your next step will be to come in and meet with a member of the counseling staff. At this time you will be admitted to Coastal, determine whether or not you need to take a placement test, choose your program of study, and discuss registration options.