My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program — Helping Spouses Pursue Higher Education
The MyCAA Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications, or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth, portable career fields and occupations. Spouses may use their MyCAA funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the MyCAA Scholarship.
Who is eligible for the MyCAA Scholarship?
Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve component in these same pay grades.
Those who are not eligible include:
- Spouses married to service members in pay grades E-6 and above, W-3 and above, and O-3 and above
- Spouses who are a member of the armed forces themselves currently on Title 10 orders
- Spouses who are married but legally separated (or under court order or statute of any state or U.S. territory) from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
- Spouses whose National Guard/reserve component military sponsor is in a Warning Orders/Alert, Post Deployment/Demobilization, or Transition Status
- Spouses married to a member of the Coast Guard
- Spouses who are unable to start and complete coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 orders
MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their portable career goals. Annual cap waivers are available for licensure and certificate programs if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000).
How to establish a MyCAA Account
The College can provide an Education and Training Plan to all eligible military spouses utilizing MyCAA funding to pay their tuition at Coastal Carolina Community College once the following steps are completed:
- Visit the MyCAA website at https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil and create a user account. If you need assistance setting up your MyCAA account, please call (800) 342-9647. You will also need to create a MySECO account by going to https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/portal/account/login.
- Once your accounts are created, you will need to call (800) 342-9647 to set up an appointment with a MySECO representative.
- When you have an appointment confirmation, email email@example.com to request an Education and Training Plan for your program of study. Please include the following in the email:
- Your first and last name, as it appears in DEERS
- Your student ID number
- Your career goals or concentration of study
- Your program of study at Coastal. If you have been admitted into a limited enrollment program, please provide documentation of your admission into that particular program
- What, if any, transitions or corequisite courses you may be required to take in addition to your program of study
Once the above information is provided, a Coastal representative will return an Education and Training Plan to you within two (2) business days.
Please email all approved funding documents (FA), and direct any questions regarding billing to MyCaabusiness@coastalccarolina.edu.
Please keep in mind that MyCAA only pays for tuition. Student fees, books, insurance fees, and any additional expenses are the responsibility of the student. Please let us know if you need additional assistance finding resources to help you cover these costs.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account http://www.militaryonesource.mil
101 Top College, University, & Scholarship Web Pages http://www.college-scholarships.com
Careers & Colleges: Scholarship Search http://www.collegexpress.com
College Foundation of North Carolina http://www.cfnc.org/index.jsp
National Military Family Association: Military Spouse http://www.militaryfamily.org
CollegeNet Scholarships http://www.collegenet.com
Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society http://www.nmcrs.org
Comprehensive Financial Page http://www.finaid.org
Program National Merit Scholarship http://www.nationalmerit.org/
Education Portal Scholarships http://education-portal.com
Scholarship Search Scholarships.com
Scholarship Search Scholarships4Students.com
Scholarship Search Fastweb.com
Scholarship Search SuperCollege.com
Folds of Honor Foundation http://www.foldsofhonor.org
The College Board for Students http://student.collegeboard.org
Go College: The Collegiate Web Source http://www.gocollege.com
The Scholarship Page! http://www.scholarship-page.com
Golden Leaf Scholarship Program https://www.coastalcarolina.edu/academics/con-ed/registration/financial-aid/
US Department of Education Federal Student Aid http://www.studentaid.ed.gov
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation http://www.mcsf.org
Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov
North Carolina Health Careers http://www.nchealthcareers.com