What is CCPP?
The Career and College Promise Program (CCPP) was approved under Session Law 2011-145, the Appropriations Act of 2011, authorizing the State Board of Education to establish college educational opportunities to current high school students. Qualified students may take college courses in order to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that may lead to college transfer or careers.
Who may participate?
Current high school juniors or seniors enrolled in the seven (7) Onslow County Public Schools, homeschooled, or private schools.
When may I take courses?
Most students take courses after the regular school day. Students who have an early release from high school may take courses, as approved, that align with their release time.
What are the prerequisites?
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have approval from parent/guardian and high school principal/designee.
- Demonstrate college readiness on an assessment or placement test.
SAT (taken 3/2016 or later) PSAT (2015 or later) Pre-ACT ACT NC DAP Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 480 Writing & Language 26 English 18 English 18 English and Reading Composite score of 151 or higher Reading 26 Reading 22 Reading 22 Mathematics 530 Mathematics 24.5 Mathematics 22 Mathematics 22 Mathematics 7 on each assessment for DMA 010 – 060
How will this program benefit me?
- Begin your college career while still in high school.
- Learn about college life so you can make good decisions about post high school education.
- The tuition for the courses is free while you are in high school for the Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters. Depending on how many courses you take it could equal a semester or even a year of college.
What’s my next step?
- Talk with your guidance counselor and parents about taking CCPP courses.
- Contact the College Liaison with any questions you may have.
- Complete the application process and register for classes.
Effective the Summer 2017 semester, Coastal Carolina Community College will no longer offer the option for Provisional enrollment. Those students currently admitted under this criteria will be grandfathered in.