Adding Or Dropping Courses Prior To The First Day Of The Term/Session
A student who finds it necessary to add or drop a course from the College must complete a drop/add form from the Registrar’s Office. Courses may be added only during the specified time period designated by the Registrar’s Office.
Withdrawing From A Course On Or After the First Day of the Term/Session
In order to withdraw from a course during the specified time period, students must obtain the Registration Change Notice form (located at the Registrar’s Office) and complete as follows.
- If submitted before the official withdrawal date of a designated term, only the student need sign the completed form.
- If submitted after the official withdrawal date of a designated term, the student must sign and have the instructor (or if necessary, Division Chair) of each course sign the completed form.
- Return the completed Registration Change Notice form to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
Withdrawing COMPLETELY From School On Or After the First Day of the Term/Session
In order to withdraw completely from school, students MUST obtain the Registration Change Notice form (located at the Registrar’s Office) and complete the following steps.
- Meet with an academic counselor.
- Complete all required information on the Registration Change Notice form.
- Return the completed form to the Registrar’s Office for final processing.
- Complete and return the Leaver/Withdrawal Follow-Up Survey to the Registrar’s Office.
The Registrar’s Office will notify instructors as necessary regarding student withdrawals.
Grade Reporting For Drops/Withdrawals
For courses dropped after classes begin and up to thirty-six (36) days prior to the end of the regular semester, the grade of “W” will be reported. When a student withdraws from school or from a class or is dropped by the instructor due to attendance within the final thirty-six (36) days of a regular semester, a grade of “W” will be assigned unless the instructor determines that the student’s performance at the point of withdrawal has been unsatisfactory. If the instructor’s evaluation of the student’s status is unsatisfactory, a grade of “F” may be recorded on the transcript at the end of the semester. Drop/withdrawal dates from classes during modified College sessions (other than the regular College semester) will be adjusted as appropriate. Students may contact the Registrar’s Office for additional information.