All students are encouraged to prepare for placement testing. Not reviewing for the placement tests could result in students being placed into courses below their actual skill level. This can delay student progress, so prepare as best you can!
The placement test will determine which English and math courses you will take when you attend Coastal. All of our courses are designed to help you succeed, so you will be in good hands, no matter where you place.
The faculty and staff of Coastal Carolina Community College wish you the best of luck as you embark on your educational path. We look forward to working with you!
- The test is computerized; you will be furnished scrap paper and pencil to make notes and/or calculations.
- Bring a photo ID and your student ID number on test day.
- With the exception of the essay (2 hour limit), each section is untimed.
- Once an answer is submitted, it cannot be changed.
- Unauthorized devices such as cell phones, iPads, and hand-held calculators are not allowed.
- Work by yourself.
- Get plenty of rest the night before you plan to take the test.
- Make sure you eat a good breakfast or lunch prior to testing.
- Take the test seriously; you may only test twice in a 12 month period.
- Don’t be discouraged; this test is designed to feel difficult.
- Write as much as you can for the essay; don’t just stop when you reach the required word count. Whatever you do, don’t skip this section!