Federal Work-Study Program

The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) is part of the Title IV Federal Grant program for students in need of financial aid. You must submit a FAFSA to be eligible. If you do not qualify for a Pell Grant, you may still be eligible for the work-study program. If you are not eligible for a Pell Grant, you still must provide all documents required, i.e., transcripts, placement tests or other verification documents requested by the government.

Job descriptions for each FWS position are available in the FWS Coordinator’s office. These job descriptions outline the job’s duties and responsibilities. A work-study job assignment should be treated like any other part-time job you may apply for. Supervisors look for work-study students who are dependable and responsible.

Download application

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to be receiving Financial Aid to be a Federal Work Study?
If I am only taking one class can I still be a Work Study?
Do I have to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?
I submitted my application. Now what happens?
Am I guaranteed a job as a Work Study if I am eligible?
How long is my application kept on file with the Federal Work Study Coordinator?
My address and phone number changed and I updated the information with the college. Will my Work Study application be automatically updated?