Pell Grant Information

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Private Loans/Alternative Education Loans

Private/Alternative Education Loans are offered by private lenders.  Some private lenders offer credit-based loan programs.  Interest rates, loan fees, and other disclosure information of the loans should be carefully evaluated.  Coastal Carolina Community College does not offer, recommend, arrange, sign-up, disperse, or enroll students for federal or private student loans.

Fund Repayments

When a student is a recipient of Title IV federal funds and/or state-funded programs and completely withdraws, ceases to attend class(es), or is dismissed from the College prior to the end of an academic period, it is possible that some funds will have to be repaid to the Department of Education or the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA).  This is determined by the number of days in the semester and the number of days of class attendance.  If the amount disbursed to the student is more than the amount earned as calculated by federal and/or state regulations, unearned funds must be returned.  Students owing money after 45 days will be referred by the College to both the US Department of Education and the NC Department of Revenue for collections.