The College Foundation Applications are currently closed. Scholarship Applications for the 2024-2025 Academic year will be accepted April 1, 2024 – June 24, 2024.
We are thrilled that you are a part of the Coastal Carolina Community. Being an active student provides you with an array of scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify. You only need to complete ONE application for Coastal Carolina Community College Foundation scholarships, and it is valid for the entire academic year. We want your attendance at Coastal to be successful and productive. Please read the following instructions and maximize your opportunity to fund the costs of college.
- Please complete your admissions application first.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA to be considered for a Coastal Carolina Community College Foundation scholarship.
- Please note that many scholarships require a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Many scholarships are based on financial need. We can best determine need based on information you provide at fafsa.gov. This is the same application you will fill out for Federal Pell Grants. Even if you do not qualify for grants, it is still necessary to complete this application.
- A copy of your high school or college transcript is required. If you have attended college for at least two semesters, only your college transcripts are required. If your transcripts are at Coastal, you must request they be forwarded to the College Foundation Office from the Registrar’s Office.
- This application must be completed in its entirety.
- You must submit a one-page essay regarding your character, academic goals, financial need, and community service with your application. Accepted formats are PDF and Microsoft Word.
- Two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application packet. Letters should address financial need, academic performance, and/or general character. Letters may be obtained from instructors, clergy, or employers. Recommendations cannot come from a relative. Recommendation letters must be submitted by the individual writing the letter. It can be submitted through the mail, emailed to email@example.com or delivered in person to the Foundation Office from the individual writing the letter. The Foundation Office cannot receive recommendation letters directly from the student.
- If a College Foundation Scholarship is granted, we ask that you write thank you letter(s) to the scholarship(s) donor and remain full-time enrollment status. The Foundation Office will contact you with more information when they are needed.
- Please do not make any payments on your account until you have received a determination regarding your completed application.
- Please note that Coastal Carolina Community College Scholarships are need-based and last payee scholarships to fill the gap of tuition and fees. If funds are not used, they are reverted back to the College Foundation and not awarded as cost of attendance.
- The College Foundation will use your Coastal email address to inform you of scholarship decisions.
Scholarship Applications are not open at this time.
Scholarship Applications for the 2024-2025 Academic year will be accepted April 1, 2024 – June 24, 2024.