Scholarship Applications are currently closed for the 2022 – 2023 Academic Year.
We are thrilled that you are a part of the Coastal Carolina Community. Being an active student provides you with an array of scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify. You only need to complete ONE application for Coastal Carolina Community College Foundation scholarships, and it is valid for the entire academic year. We want your attendance at Coastal to be successful and productive. Please read the following instructions and maximize your opportunity to fund the costs of college.
- Please complete your admissions application first.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA to be considered for a Coastal Carolina Community College Foundation scholarship.
- Please note that many scholarships require a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Many scholarships are based on financial need. We can best determine need based on information you provide at fafsa.gov. This is the same application you will fill out for Federal Pell Grants. Even if you do not qualify for grants, it is still necessary to complete this application.
- A copy of your high school or college transcript is required. If you have attended college for at least two semesters, only your college transcripts are required. If your transcripts are at Coastal, you must request they be forwarded to the College Foundation Office from the Registrar’s Office.
- This application must be completed in its entirety.
- You must submit a one-page essay regarding your character, academic goals, financial need, and community service with your application. Accepted formats are PDF and Microsoft Word.
- Two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application packet. Letters should address financial need, academic performance, and/or general character. Letters may be obtained from instructors, clergy, or employers. Recommendations cannot come from a relative.
- Please submit the letters of recommendation to the College Foundation Office through mail, deliver in person from the individuals writing the letters, or the letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the individuals writing the letters. We cannot receive recommendation letters directly from the student.
- If a College Foundation Scholarship is granted, we ask that you write a thank you letter to the scholarship(s) donor and remain full-time enrollment status.
- Please do not make any payments on your account until you have received a determination regarding your completed application.